Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quarter of Homebases to close

On Wednesday, 22 October 2014 16:04:34 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,

whisky-dave wrote:

There was a suggestion that younger householders are less keen on

DIY.

Young houueholders a few in number because they can;t afford to become

householders. If you end up renting yuo arent; realyl allowd to do any

major DIY.

Good point. It never occurred to me. Although many landlords don't mind a
bit of decoration if it's done well.

But they won't know whether or not it's well done until after it's been done and then it's too late. I wouldn't want anyone that's not done DIY to work on my property.
Then there's who actually pays for it. If you improve the value of the property by doing DIY the landlord is likely to hike the rent up, that's roughly what happened in stratford, when they tried to move the poor up north because they couldn't pay the higher rents.