Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quarter of Homebases to close

On 22/10/2014 18:21, Adrian wrote:
On Wed, 22 Oct 2014 18:12:52 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

I find thirty somethings have no DIY skills whatsoever. Not
complaining.

Most can't even assemble flatpack.

Have you considered that the 30-somethings you meet professionally might
not be representative of EVERY 30-something?

Clearly, I am talking about the 30-somethings I meet, I haven't carried
out a nationwide survey. Have you?

That age is often the peak of career progression, mixed in with having a
social life and/or small children - so often cash-rich/time-poor.

The comments are usually "I'm hopeless at DIY" or "my partner is
hopeless at DIY".

Not exactly a combination that encourages even the DIY-competent if there's
the option of a cheap and low-hassle tradesman (that's you) flopping a
flyer through the letterbox.

That isn't me. I'm not cheap and I don't flop flyers through letter
boxes. I am hassle free.