Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Quarter of Homebases to close

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
On 22/10/2014 13:38, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Theo Markettos wrote:

http://news.sky.com/story/1357846/ho...s-to-be-closed

"a large estate with low sales densities that result in a challenged
financial model."

"We have large stores full of rubbish that nobody wants to buy,
so we can make no money."

It is a shame that they have gone this way, but it is quite some
time since I even considered looking there, whereas I was once a
regular shopper.

Can't say I will miss their passing.

There was a suggestion that younger householders are less keen on
DIY. Is this because they can afford not to, or a reflection of
increasing bureaucratic control?

I find thirty somethings have no DIY skills whatsoever.

Corse you only come across those who don't have any.

The ones that do you don't have anything to do with.

Not complaining.