Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Which is better, foam rubber ear plugs or the things that look like headphones

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 17:43:59 -0400, "Don Phillipson"
wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
.. .

Which is better, that is, which keeps the sound level in one's head
lower: foam rubber ear plugs** or the things that look like full-size
headphones from the 60's***?

Look at the people who work in noisy environments all the
time (forestry, mines, airfields etc.) They wear "ear defenders"
that enclose the whole ear. Should we suppose this is just
a fashion statement?

I think they invented that kind first, and I thought those who use them
stuck with what they knew. The same way I stuck with foam rubber.

Although, in peson, I don't go to mines or where trees are cut. Years
ago, I'm pretty sure I saw people guiding airplanes wearing the big
ones, but I might be thinking of what I saw in the movies. .