Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default House rewiring

On Wed, 22 Oct 2014 18:15:15 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

On 22/10/2014 13:33, F Murtz wrote:
Uncle Peter wrote:
A woman just told me she had her house rewired because it hadn't
been done for 30 years. Have you ever bothered? I mean if it
works, why not just leave it? Wire doesn't rot.

This one does,
http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/it...l%20Notice.pdf

You have to smile at the mastery of understatement that comes with
instructions like:

"Do not use the cable. Discontinue use immediately and return the
product to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement. "

Especially if its been chopped into lots of bits, installed and covered
over and to make matters worse you can't easily identify which bits are
this stuff, or another unaffected brand.

Or you could just ignore it since it has words like "possibly" and "potential".

--
Lysdexia: a peech imspediment we live to learn with...