Reyd Dorakeen

Default HF 34706 lathe

try searching google, there are lotsof diy plans out there, for many tools,
and i remeber seeing a hollowing system too(if you mean the secondary rest
that the hollowing tool goes in to make hollowing easier)as well as a
sharpening system or 10
in article . net, Maxprop at
wrote on 2/29/04 10:02 PM:

"AHilton" wrote in message

Maxprop
asked me about the Delta wet grinding machines and said that he couldn't
afford the Tormek.

Actually I can, but prefer not to do so, if unnecessary. And I agree with
your contention that a Tormek is not a necessary, if perhaps desirable, part
of one's overall tool/knife/blade sharpening system.

I, like most new turners, am experiencing the sticker shock associated with
the landslide effect. The lathe is the tip of the iceberg in terms of cost.
Sorby tools, a Vicmarc chuck, a hollowing system, and I'm feeling inclined
to pull in the reins a bit on expenditures. A usable, effective sharpening
system that doesn't cost $390 plus jigs and accessories has real appeal.

Max