Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Do I have any hope of selling those huge CNC machines

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 22:04:48 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 20 Oct 2014
13:49:20 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Because I dont have a PHD etc etc in my resume...Ive gotten passed
over for maint jobs, despite the fact I know the tricks many of the
guys with the extra letters dont have a clue about.

Nestle Foods keeps advertising locally for maint people..yet cant find
any because HR apparently doesnt have a clue.
As a single example

That's like a company advertising for someone with 15 years
experience, in a two year old OS.

My Uncle had this spiel:

"I was born at the age of three, a six foot high midget. I found
it difficult to find work my first two years. It wasn't that they
weren't hiring six foot tall midgets, but that they all wanted three
years of experience."

A local manufacturer advertised for someone to build test fixtures
for medical electronics. I applied, and detailed the test fixture work I
did at Microdyne. Four years wasn't enough to be considered. How many
people do they think were looking for work, like that.

Well, more than one, eh? And in _FL_, of all places.
Maybe they'll call you back after they get zero more responses.

That was 12 years ago.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.