Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Which is better, foam rubber ear plugs or the things that look like headphones

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 13:43:04 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

The headphones are usually beter, especially if you are not use to wearing
ear plugs. Where I worked in many areas we had to wear ear protection. Had
many kinds of plugs, but the muffs seemed to be beter at knocking down the
noise and much easier to put on correct.

I find that the yellow foam ear plugs are more like a one time use.
They deform so to speak. The rubber military triple flange plugs are
multiple use and can be washed. The earphone types DO allow one to
hear a gun range officer's commands. You can wear both to reduce dB
noise levels...