Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Which is better, foam rubber ear plugs or the things that look like headphones

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 13:43:04 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
.. .
Which is better, that is, which keeps the sound level in one's head
lower: foam rubber ear plugs** or the things that look like full-size
headphones from the 60's***?

**LIke E*A*R Plugs, the yellow foam cylinders, or some other brand.

The headphones are usually beter, especially if you are not use to wearing
ear plugs. Where I worked in many areas we had to wear ear protection. Had
many kinds of plugs, but the muffs seemed to be beter at knocking down the
noise and much easier to put on correct.

Thaniks, Ralph and Oren. You've convinced me that there are times I'm
not in an MRI when I should reallly try the headphone type. They came
with the house, and coming from NY, I was alreaday used to the foam,
which they even sell in the NYC subway stations. (though the new trains
starting 35 years ago are much quieter.)

---