Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Which is better, foam rubber ear plugs or the things that look like headphones

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 13:18:46 -0400, micky
wrote:

Which is better, that is, which keeps the sound level in one's head
lower: foam rubber ear plugs** or the things that look like full-size
headphones from the 60's***?

**LIke E*A*R Plugs, the yellow foam cylinders, or some other brand.

***Each side is as big as a medium tomato

Check the "Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) " for the dB rating.

I use both types. In the military we carried this type while firing
artillery - not foam but a rubber, _Triple Flange Plug_:

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Military-Plugs-FOLIAGE-GREEN/dp/B008TVBG9G/ref=sr_1_2/183-7732052-6599223?ie=UTF8&qid=1413912154&sr=8-2&keywords=military+ear+plugs

https://tinyurl.com/p27jee9

On a gun firing range I use the ear headphone type or both
simultaneously.