Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Do I have any hope of selling those huge CNC machines

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 02:39:57 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 20 Oct 2014
22:04:48 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 20 Oct 2014
13:49:20 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Because I dont have a PHD etc etc in my resume...Ive gotten passed
over for maint jobs, despite the fact I know the tricks many of the
guys with the extra letters dont have a clue about.

Nestle Foods keeps advertising locally for maint people..yet cant find
any because HR apparently doesnt have a clue.
As a single example

That's like a company advertising for someone with 15 years
experience, in a two year old OS.

My Uncle had this spiel:

"I was born at the age of three, a six foot high midget. I found
it difficult to find work my first two years. It wasn't that they
weren't hiring six foot tall midgets, but that they all wanted three
years of experience."

A local manufacturer advertised for someone to build test fixtures
for medical electronics. I applied, and detailed the test fixture
work I did at Microdyne. Four years wasn't enough to be considered.
How many people do they think were looking for work, like that.

Obviously, the HR department has no practical knowledge of what the
company does.

The fixtures I built and maintained were for mil & Areospace grade
Telemetry equipment that sold for up to $80K. Their produducs were
under $50, retail.

Oreospace?

Well, that explains it entirely. You're way overqualified, Mikey.
HR knows you won't work for minimum wage.

Like the one looking to hire a Java programmer with 5 years
experience - the first couple months after the roll out.

They thought Java programming was software for coffee makers.

No doubt.

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck