Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default New rcm low

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 18:09:14 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 10/20/2014 1:46 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 13:36:28 -0400, Tom Gardner

fired this volley in
:

You are showing that you don' t understand email. You all are stuck in
the '70s.

Nah... it's not _keeping_ him away from email and usegroups that would be
the maddening part for him. What would send that sort of mental case over
the edge would simply be _being_terminated_ by his ISP. Of course he could
go wait in line at the public library in order to send out his spew, but...

However, you're right about my not thinking out one thing -- he's probably
such a deadbeat that he's been dropped a dozen times for non-payment!

Lloyd

Isn't it a shame that *anyone* is universally disliked so much? It
would seem to me that Jon would take stock and make adjustments in the
way people perceive him and not be such an asshole.

It's unlikely that he can "take stock." Jon obviously has a chronic
condition of some kind. A decade ago it expressed clearly as something
akin to bipolar disorder. Now, either he's medicated, or what we see
is the long-term, depressing effect of living with whatever it is he
has.

He just keeps piling up sandbags around himself.

Well, I can't imagine that anyone would be that way by choice, so it
must be a medical condition. Why does he not seek help? Or, is he just
too far gone?

He may have sought help. Since he has no visible means of support --
especially since he's not bragging about his job, which he does
whenever he has one -- it seems likely he's on SSI or some comparable
state disability welfare.

To get that, you need certification by a medical professional. So the
most likely situation is that he's gotten himself declared mentally
disabled, he's on disability, and he lives in a subsidized project
somewhere.

That doesn't mean they've cured him. It just means he's not in a
mental institution. Or maybe he is.

--
Ed Huntress