Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Tinning Flux vs. regular flux for sweating copper

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 16:44:02 +0000, Thomas
wrote:

They make copper
connectors with the solder already in them. Since I'm not a pro I had
much better luck with those type. I added a little bit more solder even
though you probably don't have to, but none of those leaked for me.

I was wondering where to find these copper with solder in them. I've
looked around and can not locate them. Thanks.

Real plumbers won't use them. A smart DIYer won't either!

They cost way more money, still need cleaned and fluxed. Fit the pipes
the old fashion way.