Robert

Default What is best lathe manufacturer?

Rob
I just purchased a 1640 Oneway lathe, and for my money it is the best
all around. It is about $1500 less than the top of the line Oneway
(2436), comes with a two horse motor, excellent controls and sturdy
bed/frame. Optional short bed extension available (about $250) which
turns it into a 24" swing over the bed on the outboard side. I can't
imagine ever needing more than this. Having had deltas before, this
is a significant leap forward. I had been considering the powermatic
because of cost until I ran into the new 1640 (just released a few
months back) - for about $500 more I felt it was the best.
Just one man's opinion.
Robert

"Rob McConachie" wrote in message thlink.net...
I know this looks like a troll. But, I have come to a point where I may be
able to go higher that the Nova 3000 I was considering and wanted to get
your esteemed opinions on the best manufacturer.

could you please help rate the manufacturers (in your opinion)? even a one
word reply would help me.

Honest, its not a troll.

Rob