Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default Do I have any hope of selling those huge CNC machines

On 10/19/2014 3:11 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

I was working in a shop earlier in the week that cut a lot of
"sheet metal". They have a Cincinatti lazer (10,000 watts) that
travels at 1500 IPM..thats 125 feet a minute..which doesnt seem all
that fast until you realize that they are cutting on 4x8 and 5x8
sheets of 1/2" plate (will cut 1" thick +)..and the machine is big
enough to lay (2) of those plates side by side on the table....5x16
feet..and the lazer is screaming along at 125 feet a minute

It has guarding all around the table about 4' tall with lazer
perimeter sensors that stops everything RIGHT NOW if anything gets
inside the cage, They were complaining that moths would shut the
system down on morning shift.......

Is a lazer anything like a LASER?

The LASER Shop, where I work, has 3 Mazak LASERs. 2 have old controls
with only a serial DB25 interface for loading cutting programs. The
third is basically the same iron, but the control is Linux based, with
USB ports, a CAT5 port for network cable and an assortment of other
interfaces. We load programs to it over a WIFI adapter.

All three machines can run the same programs.

David