Leo Lichtman

Default HF 34706 lathe

"Dominic Palazzola" wrote: (clip)I see that HF has a duplicator for sale
for129.00 (clip) what about a steady rest? (clip)
While a steady rest is a useful lathe attachment, I doubt that you would
need it for chair spindles. And, if you are keeping your investments down,
you can build one.

I have never used a duplicator, but I seem to recall some past postings on
this, which said that they were tried, and the turner eventually ended doing
the job better without it. I think one of the problems is getting good
surface finish.

Maybe someone with direct experience can respond. Ruth, are you still
reading this group?