Leo Lichtman

Default turning fishing plugs

"peterg" wrote: (clip) so that both ends of the turneded plug have square
ends on the front and back of the plug. How do I do this?
I am not a fisherman, so I can only guess at the shape you are striving for.
Is it sort of a football-shaped object with the ends lopped off flat? One
way you could do that would be to start with a piece of wood longer than the
plug, and hold it by an tenon on one end, in a chuck. After the shape is
complete, part off the tenon, leaving both ends flat.

You could also support the piece on a wasteblock on a faceplate, using CA
glue. I would use a live center in the tailstock for additional support.
Then break off, or part off the finished piece.