Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus11869 Ignoramus11869 is offline

Default Do I have any hope of selling those huge CNC machines

On 2014-10-19, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 17:15:54 -0500, Ignoramus11869

On 2014-10-18, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 17 Oct 2014 10:34:14 -0500, Ignoramus20341
wrote:

This is the latest adventure.

I bought two Cat 50 CNC machines:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...8&rfp b=0#Top
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...9&rfp b=0#Top

As you can see, they did not cost me too much.

They are "Brute CNC" and one has a Mitsubishi control, another has a
Celca S3045 CNC control. Both seem to be from 2000's.

These are large machine, the biggest one weighs about 40,000 lbs and
the smaller one, probably about 30,000 lbs.

They both presumably work and were not even doing daily production
work, they were at a cosmetics plant making extruder parts or
whatever.

My question is, even assuming the best about their condition, is there
any hope of selling them for significantly more than their scrap and
partout value. I assume about $8,000 scrap+parts for the big one and
$6,000 for the smaller one.

I can rig thise machines on a buyer's truck, and I have a couple of
weeks at the auction site, however I would be loath to bring them to
my warehouse.

And my question is, how realistic would it be to expect to sell them
for a lot more than scrap value in that short of a time frame?

My past experience was moxed, I could sell some machines and not
others.

1. Ive never heard of either brand
2. You should be able to sell them for $12k -18k right out the gate,
assuming that they both actually work with no issues

Id be posting a Craigslist ad for them in North Dakota. Given their
work size..they would be good lathes for oilfield work. Even if they
dont cut to .0002..they would be suitable for oilcountry production

Im assuming they are Spanish made based on the name. Nothing wrong
with that btw. Good stuff.

Thanks...

These Spanish controls use special Spanish G-codes: G-uno, G-dos,
G-tres etc

And the special homing code, G-whiz.

To home on the specific spot G-spot.