william kossack

Default WTB - Nova 3000 lathe

the email from woodcraft said shaft the question is what did they mean

I almost posted that they said spindle but I checked and it says shaft

Ken Moon wrote:

"william kossack" wrote in message
. com...

I just got an email reply from two vendors.

Woodcraft says they do not carry the regular Nova 3000 and that a new
model is coming out in a few months with 1 1/2 HP and 3/4 inch shaft.

That sounds strange to me. The 3/4 in. shaft with 1 1/2 HP? It seems that
would be a down grade from the standard 3K.
The 3/4 in shaft will not br strong enough for large turnings that would be
max out the size of a 3K. I think that combination would result in bent
spindles. Does anyone else see a problem with this?

Ken Moon
Webbeville, TX