Dave Liquorice

Default Drilling tiles?

On 25 Nov 2003 02:04:03 -0800, ANt wrote:

I actually tried normal masonry bits as well, I was through the
glaze with the masonry bit before I went out and bought a tile bit
because I wasn't making any progress. I didn't use hammer action
knowing that I would have been more likely to crack the tile.

I kept the bit constantly lubricated with water by sticking some
plastesine below the hole to form a cup and kept that topped up so
the bit didn't overheat + I was using a slow speed after
experimenting with different speeds to see what was working best.

Now why did you give us all the useful and relevant information in the
first place? Would have avoided all the speculation and "Hello,
another prat who..." thoughts. B-)

I guess these are just very tough tiles...

Must be. Guess you just have to grin a bear it.

perhaps I should send the remainder to NASA.

Should make a tidy profit, 465million USD + after Columbia putting
things right... be nice just to get 0.01% of that. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail