Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Power Generator Question

"trader_4" wrote in message

If it has a starting battery, but isn't designed to charge the battery,
it would be the first such generator I've ever seen. What would you do
if you were designing it? Charge it or put in an outlet and expect the
user to charge it? Any instructions in the manual that tell you how and
when to charge the battery? Seems if it were required, that would be in
there.

About 2 years ago I bought a 5 KW generator at Northern Tools that has a
NICAD battery and no charging circuit. It does have a wall cube that you
are suspose to plug into the house while not using the generator.

Sofar I have not used that generator. I put the oil in the crankcase and
hit the start button without any gas in it to let the oil circulate. It was
bought when my other 5 kw generator would not start, but I repaired it.
That ethanol gas had sit in it too long and crudded up the carburator.

---