Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] WeiLienShih@Taiwan.com is offline

Default Power Generator Question

On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 09:23:00 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 08:33:46 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 10/14/2014 8:19 AM, trader_4 wrote:
If it's to be able to charge batteries, then it would have to be significantly
higher than 12V. An auto battery is about 25% charged at 12V, fully charged at 12.7, and chargers typically use 13.5 - 14V to do the charging. Which it may
be, it might just be labeled and spec'd incorrectly. If it's really 12V, it's
not going to work to charge an auto type battery. But it's definitely not
to charge the battery for the generator itself as the OP suggested. That's already taken care of by the generator.

Don't remember that the OP put a VOM on it,
so we're just going by some company that
labels the socket.

No I did not. Can't find my damned meter. But I will.

Wei

I am being told that my generator battery is kept charged when the
generator is running, and therefore I do not need to charge it
elsewise. We shall see I guess. Thanks all

Wei