Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New rcm low

Richard wrote:

On 10/14/2014 12:09 PM, Richard wrote:
On 10/14/2014 11:53 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:

RCM and other newsgroups are just fine with appropriate filters. If
spending 1.5 minutes per month maintaining filters is too much for you
I'd suggest that's indicative of an entirely different issue...

I probably have too many kill filters. Throwing the baby out with the
bath water. Just a few posts a day get through, and often a reply to a
bozo I killed.

Karl

I have only one filter (Thunderbird).

That's the comma in the address field.
No crossposted messages come through at all.
Maybe throwing the baby out too, but it reduces the
temptation down to a (hopefully) manageable level.
Except for Ed...

But upgrading T-Bird seems to have broken that one filter.

Damn, there's a lot of noise in here!

You should back up your filters before an upgrade. I created a
shortcut to the folder so I can copy or restore them in the older
Netscape version. It's in the User folder of the program itself.

It's still there.
Its just not working the same way?

Some versions let you turn a filter on or off without deleting it.
It's possible the new version is looking in a different location, as
well.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.