Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New rcm low

Getting messages this afternoon Agent says getting up 321messages.
After filtering onlt 19 messages were left. Then I had to add 3 new
filters.
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, October 13, 2014 3:02:51 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Getting messages this afternoon Agent says getting up 321messages.

After filtering onlt 19 messages were left. Then I had to add 3 new

filters.

Eric

Consider that you are very much a part of the problem.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
Getting messages this afternoon Agent says getting up 321messages.
After filtering onlt 19 messages were left. Then I had to add 3 new
filters.
Eric

Too many idiot right wing nut jobs, I've pretty much given up on the place.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/13/2014 11:57 PM, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
wrote in message
Getting messages this afternoon Agent says getting up 321messages.
After filtering onlt 19 messages were left. Then I had to add 3 new
filters.
Eric

Too many idiot right wing nut jobs, I've pretty much given up on the place.

Those left wing nut jobs are perfectly acceptable. I'm glad you have
such a good perspective.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://www.hobby-machinist.com/ Not perfection , but a lot of nice folks
there .

had not heard of this, I just registered

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

http://www.hobby-machinist.com/ Not perfection , but a lot of nice folks
there .

had not heard of this, I just registered

Karl

RCM and other newsgroups are just fine with appropriate filters. If
spending 1.5 minutes per month maintaining filters is too much for you
I'd suggest that's indicative of an entirely different issue...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete C. wrote:
Karl Townsend wrote:

http://www.hobby-machinist.com/ Not perfection , but a lot of
nice folks there .

had not heard of this, I just registered

Karl

RCM and other newsgroups are just fine with appropriate filters. If
spending 1.5 minutes per month maintaining filters is too much for you
I'd suggest that's indicative of an entirely different issue...

When I get a new spammer/troll , I just hit the ol' block sender button .
Max 15 seconds to delete all posts from said blocked sender , couldn't tell
ya how many minutes/month though .
Multi-crossposted politics heads the ploink list ...
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 09:22:54 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:

http://www.hobby-machinist.com/ Not perfection , but a lot of nice folks
there .

had not heard of this, I just registered

Karl

RCM and other newsgroups are just fine with appropriate filters. If
spending 1.5 minutes per month maintaining filters is too much for you
I'd suggest that's indicative of an entirely different issue...

It is not the filtering I'm averse to, it is the dearth of on topic
posts, posts about metalworking.
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:58:05 AM UTC-7, wrote:

It is not the filtering I'm averse to, it is the dearth of on topic

posts, posts about metalworking.

Eric

By supporting Mark Wieber's clique of idiot members you cause a good deal of the problem.

How many of threads on this subject have you started? I've lost count.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RCM and other newsgroups are just fine with appropriate filters. If
spending 1.5 minutes per month maintaining filters is too much for you
I'd suggest that's indicative of an entirely different issue...

I probably have too many kill filters. Throwing the baby out with the
bath water. Just a few posts a day get through, and often a reply to a
bozo I killed.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

It is not the filtering I'm averse to, it is the dearth of on topic
posts, posts about metalworking.
Eric

Yet mine go unanswered. Doesn't anyone have a Victor J28 torch?
-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/14/2014 11:53 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:

RCM and other newsgroups are just fine with appropriate filters. If
spending 1.5 minutes per month maintaining filters is too much for you
I'd suggest that's indicative of an entirely different issue...

I probably have too many kill filters. Throwing the baby out with the
bath water. Just a few posts a day get through, and often a reply to a
bozo I killed.

Karl

I have only one filter (Thunderbird).

That's the comma in the address field.
No crossposted messages come through at all.
Maybe throwing the baby out too, but it reduces the
temptation down to a (hopefully) manageable level.
Except for Ed...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:09:00 -0500, Richard
wrote:

On 10/14/2014 11:53 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:

RCM and other newsgroups are just fine with appropriate filters. If
spending 1.5 minutes per month maintaining filters is too much for you
I'd suggest that's indicative of an entirely different issue...

I probably have too many kill filters. Throwing the baby out with the
bath water. Just a few posts a day get through, and often a reply to a
bozo I killed.

Karl

I have only one filter (Thunderbird).

That's the comma in the address field.
No crossposted messages come through at all.
Maybe throwing the baby out too, but it reduces the
temptation down to a (hopefully) manageable level.
Except for Ed...

g I'm flattered...

'Don't worry, we have a third magazine coming out early next year, and
I'll be like a one-armed paper hanger, too busy for this.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
Getting messages this afternoon Agent says getting up 321messages.
After filtering onlt 19 messages were left. Then I had to add 3 new
filters.
Eric

Too many idiot right wing nut jobs, I've pretty much given up on the place.

Those left wing nut jobs are perfectly acceptable. I'm glad you have
such a good perspective.

Nobody said they were acceptable, you ****ing jackass

They just happen to be out nubered by a facotor of about 20:1 or in other words they aren't the ones creating the vast majority of the off topic bull**** posts seen here.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

It is not the filtering I'm averse to, it is the dearth of on topic
posts, posts about metalworking.
Eric

Yet mine go unanswered. Doesn't anyone have a Victor J28 torch?

Sorry, not me. I do have a spare Victor ca270-v torch. It looks like
this, but has a 0-3-101 cutting tip

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/4dgAAOSwEK9T64Si/$_12.JPG

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 13:01:30 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

It is not the filtering I'm averse to, it is the dearth of on topic
posts, posts about metalworking.
Eric

Yet mine go unanswered. Doesn't anyone have a Victor J28 torch?
-jsw

I do. What do you need to know?

As Larry learned recently..I have a fair amount of torch stuff

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 13:01:30 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

It is not the filtering I'm averse to, it is the dearth of on
topic
posts, posts about metalworking.
Eric

Yet mine go unanswered. Doesn't anyone have a Victor J28 torch?
-jsw

I do. What do you need to know?

As Larry learned recently..I have a fair amount of torch stuff

Gunner

Only the 000 tip appears not to violate the recommended acetylene
withdrawal rate of an MC tank in the Victor tote. My well-used set
came with a 2-W-J welding and a rosebud tip. I asked for advice before
ordering a 000 tip which I thought I could use for auto body sheet
metal, to reflow and clean up my messy MIG welds.

After it arrived I ran a bead on 24 gauge steel. It welded it OK
without melting through but the heat-affected, scaled zone on the back
side was much larger than I like.

-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Then you were going too slow. Afterall...24 ga is THIN ****.

Did you use a copper backing plate on the backside of the weldment?

The J28 torch is what is called an "aircraft" torch..suitable for
aircraft mechanics....

Its not much different than a standard other than smaller

a 000 tip should allow you to weld .023 material. You may have to
"soften" the flame and turn the pressure down far more than you would
a bigger torch...but remember..on thin ****..you cant daudle around.
And having a copper backplate often helps. Least..does for me, but
then Im not a weldor either. Just a hack

Gunner, who has a Marquette Aero-Jet aircraft torch half the size of
your J28
http://www.weldinghistory.org/whfold...s/torches.html

(see the first torch) with a handful of tiny assed brazing tips and of
course the cutting head..none of which Id fire up without a total
replacement of all the o rings (6 in the handle alone)

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

The potential welding job was on a rear fender lip where the curved
inner liner is too close to the outer body for reasonable internal
access, or to remove all the factory caulking. I gve up on welding and
filled the rust hole with J-B Weld, then tediously carved the internal
curves where the trim strip fits with needle files. The rusted area on
the other side had been larger and I MIG welded a steel patch.
-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Sometimes the blue wrench works..other times you have to use other
methods.

Shrug

Find yourself some thin metal sheet and practice your torch work. We
may never become experts at it..but most of the time..good enough will
work.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/14/2014 12:09 PM, Richard wrote:
On 10/14/2014 11:53 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:

RCM and other newsgroups are just fine with appropriate filters. If
spending 1.5 minutes per month maintaining filters is too much for you
I'd suggest that's indicative of an entirely different issue...

I probably have too many kill filters. Throwing the baby out with the
bath water. Just a few posts a day get through, and often a reply to a
bozo I killed.

Karl

I have only one filter (Thunderbird).

That's the comma in the address field.
No crossposted messages come through at all.
Maybe throwing the baby out too, but it reduces the
temptation down to a (hopefully) manageable level.
Except for Ed...

But upgrading T-Bird seems to have broken that one filter.

Damn, there's a lot of noise in here!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard wrote:

On 10/14/2014 12:09 PM, Richard wrote:
On 10/14/2014 11:53 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:

RCM and other newsgroups are just fine with appropriate filters. If
spending 1.5 minutes per month maintaining filters is too much for you
I'd suggest that's indicative of an entirely different issue...

I probably have too many kill filters. Throwing the baby out with the
bath water. Just a few posts a day get through, and often a reply to a
bozo I killed.

Karl

I have only one filter (Thunderbird).

That's the comma in the address field.
No crossposted messages come through at all.
Maybe throwing the baby out too, but it reduces the
temptation down to a (hopefully) manageable level.
Except for Ed...

But upgrading T-Bird seems to have broken that one filter.

Damn, there's a lot of noise in here!

You should back up your filters before an upgrade. I created a
shortcut to the folder so I can copy or restore them in the older
Netscape version. It's in the User folder of the program itself.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
Getting messages this afternoon Agent says getting up 321messages.
After filtering onlt 19 messages were left. Then I had to add 3 new
filters.
Eric

Too many idiot right wing nut jobs, I've pretty much given up on the place.

Those left wing nut jobs are perfectly acceptable. I'm glad you have
such a good perspective.

Nobody said they were acceptable, you ****ing jackass

They just happen to be out nubered by a facotor of about 20:1 or in other
words they aren't the ones creating the vast majority of the off topic bull**** posts seen here.

Such language! Something says "Left Wing Nut Job" describes you to
perfection. You are just the reflection in the mirror ofthe worst right
wing nut job with the addition of arrogance, self righteousness and
small mindedness. Your thoughts and action says far more about the
person they come from than the person they are directed at.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 4:50:03 PM UTC-7, Chimaera wrote:

Such language! Something says "Left Wing Nut Job" describes you to

perfection. You are just the reflection in the mirror ofthe worst right

wing nut job with the addition of arrogance, self righteousness and

small mindedness. Your thoughts and action says far more about the

person they come from than the person they are directed at.

The minute someone starts crying like a ****ing baby about language they have lost the argument.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard wrote:

[...]

It's still there.
Its just not working the same way?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard wrote:

Richard wrote:

[...]

Some versions let you turn a filter on or off without deleting it.
It's possible the new version is looking in a different location, as
well.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/16/2014 12:11 AM, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

Such language! Something says "Left Wing Nut Job" describes you to
perfection. You are just the reflection in the mirror ofthe worst right
wing nut job with the addition of arrogance, self righteousness and small
mindedness. Your thoughts and action says far more about the person they
come from than the person they are directed at.

Blow me.

If you want my comeback just clear your throat.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/15/2014 7:58 PM, jon_banquer wrote:
On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 4:50:03 PM UTC-7, Chimaera wrote:

Such language! Something says "Left Wing Nut Job" describes you to

perfection. You are just the reflection in the mirror ofthe worst right

wing nut job with the addition of arrogance, self righteousness and

small mindedness. Your thoughts and action says far more about the

person they come from than the person they are directed at.

The minute someone starts crying like a ****ing baby about language they have lost the argument.

I don't have the time nor crayons to explain this on your level.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 11:52:38 PM UTC-7, Chimaera wrote:
On 10/15/2014 7:58 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 4:50:03 PM UTC-7, Chimaera wrote:

Such language! Something says "Left Wing Nut Job" describes you to

perfection. You are just the reflection in the mirror ofthe worst right

wing nut job with the addition of arrogance, self righteousness and

small mindedness. Your thoughts and action says far more about the

person they come from than the person they are directed at.

The minute someone starts crying like a ****ing baby about language they have lost the argument.

I don't have the time nor crayons to explain this on your level.

No matter how much time you had you would still dig the hole deeper and make yourself look like even more of a loser than you have already.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/16/2014 3:29 AM, jon_banquer wrote:
On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 11:52:38 PM UTC-7, Chimaera wrote:
On 10/15/2014 7:58 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 4:50:03 PM UTC-7, Chimaera wrote:

Such language! Something says "Left Wing Nut Job" describes you to

perfection. You are just the reflection in the mirror ofthe worst right

wing nut job with the addition of arrogance, self righteousness and

small mindedness. Your thoughts and action says far more about the

person they come from than the person they are directed at.

The minute someone starts crying like a ****ing baby about language they have lost the argument.

I don't have the time nor crayons to explain this on your level.

No matter how much time you had you would still dig the hole deeper and make yourself look like even more of a loser than you have already.

You're like one of those "idiot savants",
except without the "savant" part.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard wrote:

Richard wrote:

[...]

Interesting.
It seems to be working this morning.
Only posts showing are single newsgroups.

Thanks, Michael. You fixed it!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard wrote:

Richard wrote:

Richard wrote:

[...]

I don't fix software, I beat it into submission. ;-)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, October 16, 2014 6:22:30 AM UTC-7, Chimaera wrote:
[...]

You're a brain dead moron with no clues.

**** off and die.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/16/2014 4:56 PM, jon_banquer wrote:
[...]

You have an inferiority complex - and it's fully justified.