Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Time Will Tell

Lew Hodgett wrote:

A spare battery was $12-$13 so I just bought a 2nd drill

for another $16.99 instead.
So for less than $40.00 which includes sales tax, got

two (2) complete systems.

Now if the stuff holds together, I'm good to go.

SFWIW, got a flyer from HD indicating that for the next week,
this drill is $14.99.

While in the process of getting a drill, also needed some
drill bits.

Gone are the days when I needed full sets of number drills,
fractional drills and brad point drills. Now all I need is something
to meet my DIY needs and a way to store them away.

To that extent, Ryobi/Home Depot offered the following:

http://tinyurl.com/lnypxc8

Somebody had done the marketing about as well as it can
be done.

Multiple copies of the popular sizes, a full range of sizes from
1/16" thru 1/2" with a step down shaft to 3/8" for the 1/2" drill,
and a well built non metallic drill index storage.

Price: $11.00.

The only draw back is these are black oxide drills.

Not something I would expect to be able to use on a daily basis,
but I no longer need that kind of performance.

If I do a project that requires high usage of a