Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New rcm low

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 13:01:30 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 09:22:54 -0500, "Pete C."

wrote:

It is not the filtering I'm averse to, it is the dearth of on
topic
posts, posts about metalworking.
Eric

Yet mine go unanswered. Doesn't anyone have a Victor J28 torch?
-jsw

I do. What do you need to know?

As Larry learned recently..I have a fair amount of torch stuff

Gunner

Only the 000 tip appears not to violate the recommended acetylene
withdrawal rate of an MC tank in the Victor tote. My well-used set
came with a 2-W-J welding and a rosebud tip. I asked for advice before
ordering a 000 tip which I thought I could use for auto body sheet
metal, to reflow and clean up my messy MIG welds.

After it arrived I ran a bead on 24 gauge steel. It welded it OK
without melting through but the heat-affected, scaled zone on the back
side was much larger than I like.

-jsw