Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Power Generator Question

On Tuesday, October 14, 2014 9:16:52 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 13:30:35 -0700, "Pico Rico"

wrote:

wrote in message

.. .

I have a WEN Power Pro Model 9000 16HP generator. It has a female

funny-looking plug on the side labelled

DC 12V 8.3A

I have never known what this plug is for, nor can I find any info on

it in the manual or via Google. Some has said it is for charging the

generator batery. Could it be so?

If so, what wud the necessary plug/wire thingee be called so's I can

order same. I never saw one in the original box - now long gone.

Thanks

Wei

The manual I saw on line said it is NOT to be used to charge a battery. But

that is ALL it said.

http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/lis_...M/L0607217.pdf

Notice it says 12 V, not 12.6 V.

Thanks

I did not say 12.5V did I?

Wei

No you didn't. I think Pico's point about 12.6V is it takes that or
higher to charge an auto battery. If you really have 12V, you can only
get to maybe 40% of fully charged and even that is going to take a long
time. Chargers use voltages higher that 12V. Your car for example, charges
the battery at ~13.5 to 14 volts. It's possible it puts out more than
12V, but if so they did a bad job with the marking and documentation,
because it doesn't say anything. And I agree with the poster that pointed
out that it only has a full wave rectifier, no caps, no voltage control,
nothing on the output.