Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Time Will Tell

On Monday, October 13, 2014 3:59:12 PM UTC-5, Lew Hodgett wrote:

A spare battery was $12-$13 so I just bought a 2nd drill

for another $16.99 instead.

So for less than $40.00 which includes sales tax, got

two (2) complete systems.

Now if the stuff holds together, I'm good to go.

I had to chuckle when I read that. An excellent idea! From time to time I actually use two drills during an operation such as drilling holes and immediately driving in screws. Or drilling holes then running in the counter sink. A great time to have two drills!

So good sir, for $40 you are set!

I do hope you use them for a few months and let the rest of us know how you like them. A drill like that would be perfect for my brother in law. He bought a DeWalt 18v years ago after talking to me about cordless drills, but after about 5 years of sitting in his garage having been used (literally) for a couple of drilled holes and the couple of screws that went in said holes, the batteries won't hold a charge. Since the official DeWalt battery for his drill is $90 for one, he won't bite on a battery. So the drill sit unused, worthless.

A drill like one of those HF models would make and excellent replacement for the DeWalt. He and my sister just bought a small piece of land and it has a really small cabin on it that he has plans for repairs and remodeling.... with no electricity up there and the need for only occasional use the HF could be the ticket...

Robert