Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Small gas engine question.

On Sun, 12 Oct 2014 03:17:07 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Sun, 12 Oct 2014 01:25:44 -0700
On Sat, 11 Oct 2014 22:25:23 -0500, Martin Eastburn wrote:
On 10/10/2014 11:07 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 18:57:04 -0700 (PDT), Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Want to purchase a vertical shaft small engine (probably HF) to replace the unobtainable one that goes on my "Deep Rock" well drilling setup.
Some time back there was mention in this group that these engines will not run without the flywheel effect of lawn mower blades etc.
Is this true. There is no mention of this in the specs.
In my case the only flywheel effect would be some clutch parts weighing just a few ounces.
clarification would be appreciated. Let's not get off topic with a HF rant.
Thanks.
Ivan Vegvary
The vrtical shaft engines used on pressure washers work just fine -
but they are not lown mower engines. You need an engine with a
high-mass flywheel

A chipper motor has a nice flywheel.

I had a one cylinder chipper. It would start on the first pull every
time. You had to pull hard and fast and the flywheel would spin the
cylinder several times if it had to. I had to give it away when I
moved. Large piston size - and powerful.

Martin

Which reminds me..anyone need a near new Craftsman chipper shredder?
Has a 6.5hp engine on it. I have zero need for it and Id like to swap
something for it.

Now if only I had something worth trading .... six ton of bricks?
naw, saving that for the porch. Or BBQ. Or something ...
--
pyotr filipivich

Shooting sticks would work. You would have to come for it though.
Its too big to put in an envelope...

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke