Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Building a treehouse in the redwood grove of a neighbor (picsincluded)

Danny D. wrote, on Sat, 11 Oct 2014 05:38:07 +0000:

Here's a picture of the method we used to level the two 100 foot cables:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3948/1...606db7b4_b.jpg

You can see the fencepost digger in that picture above, over to the left.

It wasn't easy, mainly because the California sediments are hard as rock
this time of year, and, we were roped to trees so we wouldn't fall down
the hill while we were drilling the fencepost hole in the slope:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5599/1...f138a020_b.jpg

It was my first fencepost hole in my life, so, I was surprised that the
two bags of concrete mix went in dry:
https://c3.staticflickr.com/3/2947/1...97dc13ea_c.jpg

Being on a 45 degree slope, it was impossible to keep the water in the
hole, so, we tried containing it with a cut-off bucket - but it didn't
work all that well to contain the water:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3937/1...d8583976_c.jpg

The second fencepost hole, for the drawbridge-like structure, wasn't as
hard to drill as it was on a much (much) flatter portion of the hill
where a path crossed under the cables strung between the redwood trees:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5602/1...cd30457c_b.jpg

The last step of the evening was to stain the boards that will be used
for the hundred foot long ten feet wide bridge from the top of the hill
to the far redwood tree:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5609/1...0a849e04_c.jpg