View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster

Default You guys were right, I was wrong

I gave QEP ( tile saw) the benefit of the doubt, but I was a little disappointed, again.

I contacted/complained to QEP and they repeatedly tried to blamed the damage(?) on shipping and handling, but they did offer to replace the saw.

I contacted Zoro, whom I bought the saw from, and they didn't hesitate to replace or refund. I elected a refund.

I was at Home Depot and noticed they had a model 61024 set up. There was no spacing between that motor housing and blade/blade guard, as my saw had. When I got home, I did another inspection of my saw. Take a look at what else I discovered: the arbor, arbor bearing. I didn't pull/push on it, but the arbor is probably loose, also. No doubt water got inside the motor, also. My initial complaint was about the spacing between the motor and blade guard, hence the exposed arbor would fling/spray water, causing water to get into the switch box area.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/?details=1

I sent QEP and Zoro these pics, with comments.

I went by Harbor Freight and checked out their Chicago Electric 10" tile saw. It's heavier than the QEP saw, it looks and feels better built, the stand is more firm/sturdy/larger wheels, the work table slides better, the fence is much, much better, has more HP, less expensive. The only downside: I won't get 20% off (coupon) until Thursday.

Sonny