Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default Homobase

In message , tim.....
writes

"Richard" wrote in message
"Chris French" wrote in message

In message , John Williamson
writes
In article ,
John Williamson wrote:
And on one or two occasions, chatting with the shopkeeper, I've been
told he does his weekly grocery shop at a supermarket because it's
cheaper than his wholesaler.

So why doesn't he buy his stock there too?

Because a lot of the cheap supermarket stock is own brand, which he
can't sell in his shop, and supermarkets generally limit the number
of each item you can buy.

I've been told it's a deal with the wholesalers, but I'm not sure
how credible my source was. I do know the limit exists. Try buying
over a hundred 500ml bottles of mineral water or a few dozen loaves

I managed to order 50 tins of pineapple online from Waitrose (by mistake).

They did ring me to check if I really wanted them, but I missed the
call, so they delivered them with the rest of the order. It was
apparently pretty much the stores entire stock (they ahd had to bring
small tins as well, to make up enough) :-)

So, are you sick of tinned pineapple yet?

Oh come on

it's only one tin a month for the next 4 years

They would ahve taken it back, but I felt that I couldn't really .

The kids like it, so will often have a tin. Still have some left though
:-)
--
Chris French