Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Ping Tom Gardner...

On Sat, 04 Oct 2014 20:57:55 -0500, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

On 10/4/2014 9:37 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sat, 04 Oct 2014 05:59:53 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 10/2/2014 6:33 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 17:33:08 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 9/29/2014 8:30 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
Canon camera stuff?

Gunner

A bunch of bodies, lenses, bellows, motor drive, filters...some as new
in OEM canon boxes with original receipts! I also have a color
enlarger. I will keep my 2-1/4 stuff for a little while yet unless it
could sell reasonably.

If you have a 'Blad or a Maniya, you can get a Leaf digital back for
it. The fancy one is $12,000, but you can get the cheapie for $7,000.

I only shoot to document stuff anymore and a
digital will do. But nothing comes close to film for esthetics.

I consider digital cameras as throw-away conveniences. The most I spent
on one is $300 for a Fuji 5mp many years ago and I still like it a lot,
it has a good lens. I keep one in each vehicle and one in each desk. I
do shoot a half dozen rolls of 120 every year and keep one or two
slides...maybe.

Yeah, well, for me, it's an essential part of my work. I resisted
digital as long as I could. bur I took my wife's little Fuji FinePix
on a business trip to Belgium last year, not wanting to lug bigger
cameras and not knowing whether I'd find film there, and the results
were at least as good as I'd get with my 35's.

So I bought a Sony NEX-7 when I got home ($1,200), got a converter for
my six Nikon lenses, and I haven't looked back since.

Now that is an input - converter ? ! - what kind of lenses F or AF or...
Are they electronic Nikon ?

It will only use Nikon lenses in a manual mode -- focus, stop-down
metering, and all. It's like 1970 all over again.

But my 55 mm Micro Nikkor macro and my 20 mm Nikkor are superb on the
NEX. All lenses made for 35 mm film cameras function as if they're
about 50% longer, so a 100 mm is like a 150 mm on a 35 SLR.

I have several electronic Nikon in AFS or what ever they are and quite
a number of F grade from my F and F3 Nikons.
My Fuji 2 FinPix uses AFS nicely and even the F lenses - had my 500mm on
the camera as a test. Nice being able to see the image in real time...
Martin

All of my Nikon lenses are pre-AI F-series -- oldies. The adapter will
handle most Nikon lenses but there are a couple of exceptions.

--
Ed Huntress