Posted to alt.home.repair
Furnace novice Furnace novice is offline

Default York vs. Luxaire vs. Keeprite vs. ??? Furnace

replying to Harry Muscle, Furnace novice wrote:
fake.e-mail wrote:

I'm in the process of getting a new furnace installed and so far the
three brands that have been recommended to me have been York, Luxaire,
and Keeprite. I've been told that York and Luxaire are virtually the
same thing since Luxaire is made by York, but Luxaire is supposed to
cost less. If anyone could provide me with some feedback about these
brands that would be great ... are they good, bad, expensive to repair,
etc. Or if there's other brands that you'd recommend let me know too.
Btw, I'm located in Ontario, Canada in case that's relevant. Also I'm
most likely going to go with a standard 80% furnance since the repair
costs for higher efficiency furnances don't seem to make them worth it.
Thanks,
Harry

In the same boat albeit 8 years later. What did you end up getting and is
it still running, and did it require any major service?