Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Homobase

In article ,
stuart noble wrote:
Yep, and it says a lot about your level of humour that you don't realise
that you think it funny to insult them by calling them gay. Most people
grew out of that in school.

When I was at school the word "gay" hadn't been hijacked by a minority
group

And it's been hijacked again - with a less than pleasant meaning.

Oh - gay wasn't hijacked by homosexuals. It was initially a word used by
them as a code word. It was hijacked by the 'straight' meja who started
using it publically. Rather than the less pleasant alternatives.

--
*It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of Karma to burn off

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.