Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Homobase

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
On 03/10/2014 21:03, Adrian wrote:
On Fri, 03 Oct 2014 20:10:14 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Interesting you choose such an insult. Thought you had connections with
the ambulance service - which would fall apart without 'homos'.

I'm not having a go at homosexuals, I'm having a go at Homebase.

And you're doing that by...?

Sigh.

First of all - it's a joke.

Think we got that.

However, you obviously dislike Homebase since your post criticised them.
And not for the first time. That is up to you. Everyone is entitled to
their opinion.

However, you've chosen to give them your own made up name. So it's not
unreasonable to assume you mean it as an insult. And since you've chosen
to use a slang expression for homosexuals, you must also have a poor
opinion of those.

Homebase have moved their product offering from bricks/timber/cement to
scatter cushions/cookware/table lamps.

Fine. Since you already know that, no point in going to them for things
they no longer sell.

Gay men are more likely to be interested in interior design and have a
greater appreciation of it than most straight men. Its also probably
true that gay men have better fashion sense than most straight men. A
stereotype I know, but probably accurate.

Having an interest and ability in interior design is a positive trait,
not a negative trait.

Right. So you're now saying you were complimenting Homebase when you used
that nickname? Didn't seem so by your posts.

If I referred to Wickes as "White Van Man" Wickes, would you assume that
I was having a go at straight men - or Wickes product offering?

What makes you think only straight men drive white vans?

--
*The beatings will continue until morale improves *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.