Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Homobase

On Saturday, October 4, 2014 9:28:17 AM UTC+1, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message ,
whisky-dave writes
On Friday, 3 October 2014 16:37:15 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article o.uk,

Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 23:42:14 +0100, John Williamson wrote:

I've been told it's a deal with the wholesalers, but I'm not sure how

credible my source was. I do know the limit exists. Try buying over a

hundred 500ml bottles of mineral water or a few dozen loaves of bread.

Some things have, I believe, legal limits for retail sale. Try buying

three packets paracetamol... I get paracetamol from Costco 24 packs

of 16 tabs "trade only".

Logical, I suppose. No one in trade ever tries to kill themselves. ;-)

I had teh same problem in sainsburys wanted to buy 3 packs 1 aprin 1
parcetomol and one nuerofen or whatever they are called the till girl
said I can only buy 2 packets. The only reason I brought them was
because all of mine were out of date the paracetomol was dated jan 2013
I had used two of them. Dates on the other boxes were all about the same.

Anyway what makes tehm think I'm trying to kill myself I can think of
many other people I'd prefer to kill before myself.

Somewhere, I have read that the limit of 32 paracetamol/aspirin/etc
tablets only applies to shops. At a pharmacist, they *can* sell you more
(maybe 100?) - but maybe this is only if you're served by a qualified
pharmacist.

Most pharmacists are conservative to the point of paranoid. There are exceptions out there, but they're hard to find. I more often buy online when I want chemicals now.

NT