AHilton

Default Sorby threading tools

Ohh, ok. I misunderstood. The gauge (at least mine) does give an accurate
measurement but it's the process of cutting the male thread cleanly and
accurately the first time and not wasting away ANY wood (thickness) in the
process.

This one of the reasons I mentioned originally of making things slightly
"oversized"; cutting the threads and then sanding/re-forming the threads
again to get the fit just right. If you can get the motion of cutting the
male threads just right then the gauge is right on and you'll get a tight
fit in the threads.

I think the sizing gauge is a must-have unless you have something that'll do
the same thing already (metal working?).

- Andrew

"M.J. Orr" wrote in message
I guess what I am asking is....if the gauge does not give you an ACCURATE
measurement then ..... is the sizing gauge a waste of
time/money?...................Just curious........

--
Email evades spam
Direct contact through web site

M.J. Orr