Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default Burn barrel

You did not grow up in the country apparently. Long ago every house in the country had a brown rusted barrel in the backyard for burning the trash. Not sure its the same today.

Sadly this was never allowed where I lived in the city on the east
coast. For last 20 years I've been living in Ohio and it's still not
allowed where I live. I would love to burn a few things, especially
the leaves. Here they want every dollar they can squeeze out of you
and try to force you to bag them in specific paper bags for trash
pickup. WTH? It's nature's mulch! I ended up buying a mulching leaf
blower/vac and spread it out in my gardens every year. If it's an
exceptionally leafy year (neighbors trees) I spread the mulch out to
some of the neighbors.