Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_2_] Bill Wright[_2_] is offline

Default Homobase

wrote:
On Wednesday, October 1, 2014 9:25:59 PM UTC+1, The Medway Handyman wrote:
Not my favourite store.
Had to use them to buy 2 x 6" pendant sets t'other day. £3:79 each!!

*had to*?

Circumstances. Once in the south of England I *had* to buy a roll of
coax from B & Q for three times what it would have cost at my normal
suppliers, because the customer (it was a chain store) suddenly decided
to add another 15 TV points. B & Q was almost next door, and it was 5pm.
Needless to say I marked the cable up from the B & Q price by 33%.

Likewise I was forced to buy a pack of AAA batteries at the most
ridiculous price from Morrisons because when I visited one of my more
helpless friends in Leeds the batteries in his remote were flat.

And I once paid a small fortune for one recordable CD. I was in Limerick
and I needed to post some data.

Bill