Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default rotary phone dial out

wrote:
On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 19:06:31 -0500, philo wrote:

On 09/29/2014 03:40 PM, wrote:
I have 2 rotary phones that have dial tone and receives calls.
Unfortunately, I cannot dial out on either phone. The first phone was
purchased appx 1 month ago from a local 2nd hand store. The phone
company has serviced the lines and added jacks as requested appx 2
weeks back. The tech had stated that there was a problem with

the first phone. The second phone was received on 9.29 and I still have
the same issue. Is there a simple fix?

VoIP

I was wondering if any of the new boutique phone companies are
dropping pulse dial.

I can take my old fashioned touch wall phone and tap out the pulses with
the hook. That proves it's capable of pulse detection. It's also hooked to
the comcast box, so it works either pulse or tone. Watch the movie
cellular.

Greg

If you have a "POTS" line you can dial out...
but no dial-out is possible on