Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default What size string for a string trimmer?

On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 12:52:55 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 18:44:02 +0000, DavidK
m wrote:

replying to mm, DavidK wrote:
NOPSAMmm2005 wrote:

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 02:03:54 -0400, mm
BTW, I've googled them both already with no success, but the ones I
have are a black and decker st6000, and a Sears 358.798020 . They are
both electric, running off cords (the B&D seems to make one with the
same model # that runs on batteries!) Although SearsPartsDirect is
closed all night due to scheduled maintenance until 7:00ET, but I
doubt it will give more than the same part list that other sites copy
from its data, like with the Kenmore refrigerator.

I realize this is nearly four years too late, but I was trying to
determine the line size for my Sears /Craftsman 1/4 Horse Power Electric
Weedwacker, model 378.798020 (12" Cutting Path) and was disappointed to
see that the Sears site no longer had Owner's manuals available (most
manufacturers offer PDFs of the manuals for free). I dug around and found
that I had kept the manual (received in 1988). This model takes .065"
diameter line.

Did you know that "mm" changed his nym in the past four years?

But not too much. I'm still mm.

He will still see your comments here, though.

Yes I did.

And I appreciate the help. I was trying to remember what all had
happened since then....... But I can't. ;-(