Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.woodworking
JosephKK JosephKK is offline

Default Building a treehouse in the redwood grove of a neighbor (pics included)

On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 12:34:27 -0700, Dan Coby wrote:

On 9/28/2014 9:50 AM, Danny D. wrote:
... snip

On the big tree, 125 feet away, we will add a wraparound additional
steel cable, so that the middle also has two cables.

... snip

Any other tips are welcome, as we're just now at the stage where
we have the ability to build the 125 foot long bridge starting
about 15 feet up in a pine, and then going straight across a
steep slope through the set of two redwoods, and then on to the
really big redwood 125 feet down the slope.

The treehouse will be in the middle of the bridge.

Are you saying that the tree house will be in the middle of a 125 foot
suspension bridge. How much will the tree house weigh when fully loaded
and do you have any idea of the forces that may be in the cables?

Dan

You better check it. Wind loads can exceed the dead loads by many times.
Wind loads may be the real issue.

?-)