Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mogulah@hotmail.com is offline

Default A 'natural experience,' my foot

On Sunday, September 28, 2014 9:22:44 AM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:
wrote in message

I have always wanted a car like you see in cohmercials. You know

the ads where there is no traffic on the road except the car being

advertised.

The authenticity is that the car is stuck in traffic or going 15 mph

thru a school zone.

Driving home from a party at 3AM is like that but the cops have no one

but me to draw their attention, so I stay close to the speed limit.

3AM is when the bars in Heidelberg closed. I always made next

morning's formation and didn't look any worse than the rest of the

unit, since we had all been out together. I had the advantage of

college practice in how to function after an all-nighter.

Once I rode my motorcycle around Boston after Sat/Sun midnight on a

3-day weekend to familiarize myself with its jumble of one-way

streets. I very nearly had the city all to myself. Among other things

I learned to buy saddlebags and always carry rain gear, because on the

highway rain feels like a shower of gravel.

I could imagine. I never got to close to motorcycling, because rain could seem like it comes from nowhere. I hate seeing those motorcycles staying under overpasses until it dies down.