Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A 'natural experience,' my foot

Ed Huntress fired this volley in
:

It was a great lesson to me. I abandoned IFR training and decided to
stick to flying in nice weather. d8-)

I did something similar, but for different reasons.

I went through all the hood hours, all the 'actual' hours, sat for the
test, and took my check ride. But I would NOT apply for the ticket.

I was flying "in the pursuit of business" at the time, all over the
Southeast, and the training got me out of some really bad pinches a few
times. But I had a really _bad_ and selfish boss who would have insisted
I fly in actual conditions, if I'd had the ticket. And I had no desire
to be flying in bad IFR, terribly fatiqued, and in a hurry. So I just
never got the license, and flew the sunshine express for a decade or more
before moving on to another position that didn't require it as much.

The training was a boon, though.

LLoyd