Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A 'natural experience,' my foot

On Sat, 27 Sep 2014 18:37:19 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 27 Sep 2014 13:38:42 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 27 Sep 2014 12:54:03 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
m...
When Road & Track's Jason Cammisa busted a fuse during a recent
drive
of the 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost, he discovered something odd. Both
the engine and the stereo went silent inside the car.

It appears that the vaunted Ford Mustang - "the original pony car,"
according to Jalopnik - has succumbed to piping in enhanced engine
noise through the speakers.

Autoblog investigated further, speaking to Ford engineer Shawn
Carney
who revealed that the engine-sound augmenting system is called
"Active
Noise Control," and that only the turbocharged four-cylinder Mustang
comes with it. The system both enhances noise and cancels out some
coarse noise.

"[The system] layer[s] in certain sound characteristics on top of
what's already there," Carney told Autoblog. "The intent is to be a
natural experience."

http://dailydigestnews.com/2014/09/r...-engine-noise/

Have they no sense of decency, sir?

--
Ed Huntress

I wonder if they can simulate the sweet exhaust purr of a V-12
Allison.
-jsw

Give them time; there will be an app for that.

How about the whine of a high revving 2 stroke. LOL.

Or better yet, a "Buzzin' Dozen"

Oh, crikey! There are more of them.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...ined-tech-dept
http://jalopnik.com/2014-cadillac-ct...e-t-1301990875
http://www.vroombox.com/

I'm going to cry, if I don't throw up first...

--
Give me the luxuries of life.
I can live without the necessities.