Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default A 'natural experience,' my foot

On Sat, 27 Sep 2014 21:19:57 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 27 Sep 2014 17:42:48 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Saturday, September 27, 2014 3:29:57 PM UTC, Ed Huntress wrote:

Autoblog investigated further, speaking to Ford engineer Shawn
Carney

who revealed that the engine-sound augmenting system is called
?Active

Noise Control,? and that only the turbocharged four-cylinder
Mustang

comes with it. The system both enhances noise and cancels out some

coarse noise.

Have they no sense of decency, sir?

--

Ed Huntress

Sounds like a winner to me. The driver gets the sound and the
bystanders are spared the noise.

Dan

But...but...where's the *authenticity*? Where's the romance?

Thank God it's a Mustang. If it was a Jaguar or a Lotus, I would
have
wanted to shoot its tires out. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

I just received the first issue of the new Mercedes-Benz NEXT magazine
(in German) that describes a system with a heads-up display that shows
the driver everything going on around him, such as the names of cross
streets, traffic jams, distances to gas pumps and parking lots and the
potentially hazardous actions of other vehicles.

It looks a lot like the Free Flight aircraft situational-awareness
enhancement system Mitre built for the FAA in the 90's, which
integrated GPS, ground radar, weather data and location transponders
in nearby planes.

The back-seat driver is now projected on the windshield.

-jsw

Ha! Think of how much technology is going to be redundant or
irrelevant when the cars start driving us.

--
Ed Huntress