guy

Default stand for Nova DVR

I made what was essentially a plywood box filled with sand for my old
Nova, with the lathe it weighed about 500 pounds +/-. I attached
wheels to the feet. I would wheel it around and used an old car jack
to lift it a touch and put a piece of plywood under each foot to get
the wheels off the ground. It was very solid and low $$. The stand at
Woodcraft looks good and you can easily beef it up by closing the
sides in with plywood and add more weight by using sand. When I took a
turning class at Woodcraft a couple years ago I used a Nova on the
metal stand and it worked just fine. Just a thought though, how about
those cast iron legs that Teknatool has now for the DVR and 3000? They
look real good and solid. I'm sure you would have to order from
Woodcraft. If I wasn't selling my Nova that's what I would probably
get. Take it easy, Guy