Rob V

Default stand for Nova DVR

Take a look at the NWY work table he did w/ the flip down casters.

Used that idea but adopted it to the base.
I posted pics a while ago - If I get a chance - Ill post them again.

-R

"william kossack" wrote in message
where did you get the flip down casters?

Rob V wrote:

I have the DVR stand at woodcraft.
I added a shelf to it and added 300 lbs of sand to the shelf - its solid

at
hell.
Also added flip down casters when I need to move it.
(I use a lever to lift it so the casters flip down)

It works great.

"william kossack" wrote in message

My outboard tool rest arrived today for my DVR. Tomorrow the DVR should
itself arrive.

I was thinking of using a really light weight sheet metal grizzly stand
as a temperary solution but now that I think of it it may not be strong
enough to support 180 pounds of weight.

Now I'm getting serious about thinking about a stand. How many are
using the sheetmetal stand like I've seen at woodcraft? How many have
constructed a stand from 2x4, 2x6, and 2x8 lumber like shown on the
technatool web page.

I could build the wooden stand in about an hour if it warms up enough to
work outside. Or I could make a pilgrimage to woodcraft and buy the
sheet metal stand (I need to go there anyways to get the correct insert
for my chuck).

One thing is I need to put casters or a portable base on the stand so I
can move it around and then secure it with blocks.

Any suggestions?