william kossack

Default stand for Nova DVR

My DVR arrived today. I need to really move on a stand because it is
currently sitting in the living room

william kossack wrote:

My outboard tool rest arrived today for my DVR. Tomorrow the DVR
should itself arrive.

I was thinking of using a really light weight sheet metal grizzly
stand as a temperary solution but now that I think of it it may not be
strong enough to support 180 pounds of weight.

Now I'm getting serious about thinking about a stand. How many are
using the sheetmetal stand like I've seen at woodcraft? How many have
constructed a stand from 2x4, 2x6, and 2x8 lumber like shown on the
technatool web page.
I could build the wooden stand in about an hour if it warms up enough
to work outside. Or I could make a pilgrimage to woodcraft and buy
the sheet metal stand (I need to go there anyways to get the correct
insert for my chuck).
One thing is I need to put casters or a portable base on the stand so
I can move it around and then secure it with blocks.
Any suggestions?